A dedicated community to connect lingual experts globally as Kutumbh by Devnagri. It helps to resolve any query and in getting mentorship from experts. Not only it improves translation skills but also gives an opportunity to earn limitless with the quality work in the same field. Below given is the guide for translator to join Devnagri & start earning.
# Getting Started As Translator
# Signing Up
- Add Language pair with proficiency level, Domain expertise and choose “Next” option
- Select the Terms & Condition checkbox and choose"Next" option
- Fill the form with the appropriate details and choose “Finish” option
- Success message will be displayed.
# Log In
- User can login devnagri by using credentials (EMail ID & password) made during the sign-up process
- User can also login using his/her social media (Linkedin, Google Plus or GitHub) credentials .
- User can also login using “Magic Link” option, using it user shall enter the registered email ID in the given text box and a unique link shall be emailed on the same ID using which he/she can login directly.
# Password Recovery
If user has forgotten (or want to reset) the registered password, then using “Forgot Password” option given on login screen it can be renewed (or reset). Enter the registered Email ID, a reset password link will be emailed. Click on that link and enter new password. User will be notified on the successful change of the password.
# Translator Dashboard
Translator dashboard is the landing screen after the login, it will display all the vital info about the order and profile of the translator.
# Navigation Panel
Navigation panel, available options are explained below;
- Profile: It is the first option on top-right corner of the screen. This option will navigate to account settings, profile, guide and will help to log out from current account.
- Notification: This option higlights any new update important for translator. Once click on any notification user will redirect to actual screen.
- Available Jobs: All the new orders should be displayed in available jobs screen.
Translator should Accept the order by click on accept button. After accepting, that order will reflect on Active Jobs screen.
Transltor can Reject the order aswell. After rejecting, that order will not reflect to translator.
- Active Jobs: All the accepted orders will be displayed on Active jobs screen.
Translator can start their job by clicking on Translate button
- Completed Jobs: All your orders accepted by client will be displayed on Completed Jobs.
- Earnings: Using this option user can check all the updates for standing and paid amounts.
# Edit Profile
Translator should edit his profile before moving forward. Selecting this option will land to the page holding tabs as described below:
- General Info: Upload a Picture, Edit personal information such as Name, number etc. Then give short description about your past experience in “About Me” section. Next, “Add Address” if not added earlier or if you want to change it. User can also add the educational qualification under “Education” section given further below. If user has any certifications or achievements related to the translation field then he can mention the same in “Certificate & Achievements”. “Save” the info edited and move to the next tab.
- Languages: Here, user will find the language added at the time of Sign-up. User can add more languages using the button “Add More Languages” under this tab, also user can choose to “Take Test” if the language is added recently using the option “Actions”. User can also “Deactivate” the verified language using same “Actions” option. Save the details as per the choice. Status will show the updates in a particular language as activated, not verified or deactivated.
- Domain Expertise: This option helps the translator to add the field he is expert in, for translation purpose. User can add multiple fields depending upon the knowledge, there is no upper cap. User can also remove the domain using option under “Actions”. Use “Save” button to confirm the choices.
- Social: User can link his social media platforms such as “Facebook”, “LinkedIn” to showcase in profile. Click on “Connect” button and add profile by logging with the credentials of that platform. Click “Save” button after completing the integration process.
- Bank Details: Add bank details carefully for successful payout of the projects complete. User require minimum of Rs. 500 balance to request for a payout. User can add more than one account and can set a default account. Also, an account details can be deleted using the option under “Actions”. Press “Save” button to store the preferences.
- View Profile: User can view all the changes made and how it will be showcased in our community.
# Attempt Test
User will be required to attempt test in order to start with the projects in desired language and field.
- The option to attempt test will be available on the dashboard for the first time user. Click and start test to get “verified” tag
- User will be required to attempt all questions.
After attempting all the question, translator have to finally submit the test.
- On the basis of evaluation user will either be verified or would be required to take test again. In both the cases user will be notified via email and notification.
# Translation of the Project
As soon as the translator is assigned a project, he will be notified in “Notification” tab and also via Email on the registered email address. Click on the project name highlighting on the dashboard to start with the translation.
# Translation Screen
This screen will be showing every details for the translation to be appropriate, user will require to follow the steps as given below
# Header Section
The section holds important information regarding the project such as:
# Project Type
It gives a detail about the category from which the project belong
# Project Industry
This will help in understanding the exact background and targeted industry of the project
# Target Audience
This option shall specify the target audience age group, this concern helps to translate keeping the words understandable for that level of audience.
# Level of Politeness
Client will specify the level of politeness as in what form shall the translation take place.
# Main Translation Screen
The screen will hold two main sections for the translators
# Original Text
The left side of main screen will show the “original text” which requires translation
# Translated Text
Translator shall translate the text in this box against each message. There are three options along with text box
The translator shall “Save” each correct translation using “Enter” option of the keyboard. As soon as the translator click “Enter” button the text will be auto saved and cursor will move to the next option
Each comment from the end user, reviewer, manager, translator against each sentence shall be inside this option
# Revision History
The option will give the number of revisions that the translator had done for the appropriate output
# Footer Section
Footer section will hold a few vital options and information about the project such as
# Information Bar
# Toggle Controls
To minimize or maximize the controls tray, user can click on the “Toggle Controls” option. This helps in removing the non-active controls from translation screen.
# Colored Button Status
Each color define the status of translation as:
Completed - accepted at user end
Translated - if the translation is done
Rejected - for all the rejected translations
Non-translated - the translations on which the work is yet to be done
# Total Words
It will give the total words for the translation to be done
# Translated Word
The total word count for the translated words against original text.
# Completed Percentage
This will show the percentage amount of translation completed by the translator.
# Action Bar
There are few options that translator can use for the easy and quick work.
Automated Translation, it opens default at first time translator comes to translation screen. This will hold all the automated machine translations to help the translator to work efficiently
Translation Memory, it will hold all the earlier done translations for similar projects. The translator shall select the matching words from translation memory to complete the task at a faster pace.
There are few shortcut keys or controls to speed up the translation work, the translator can use all the shortcuts mentioned under this.
All the instruction related to translation and overall suggestion by the user will be stored here. Translator should read these instructions (if given) before starting the work
Translator can adjust the text size using this option
# Page View
It helps in switching the page view from orginal plus translated content to only translated content.
The language tab will hold all the languages assigned to translator for conversion. The translator can switch the languages to complete project. NOTE: for single pair of language translation the tab will remain freezed.
The file tab will show all the files, present for translation. The translator has to complete translation for all of the assigned files before the project is completed.
# Autofill AT
To fill the complete project with automated translation user can choose this option and select from the given recommendations. Note: If the translator chooses this option after partially translating the project manually, then, the work done will get overridden by automated translation. Thus, translator should use this option carefully.
As soon as translator completes all the files in each language the complete button will be activated for translator to send the work to manager, reviewer etc.
# Steps of Translation
Original message will be displayed in the project on the left side for the translation, user can opt from the multiple Automated Translation (AT) options to select the suggestions.
Check the converted message and edit or rephrase according to instructions and context
After this user will press the “Enter” button and the text will be auto saved, the next box will be active for translations, the sentence color will change in main screen confirming the changes made.
As soon as the last sentence is translated from all the files and in all the languages, “Complete” button will be activated in action bar, click the button to submit text for “Proofreading”.
Dashboard will show the project, it will be showing the status as “Proofreading” for further confirmation.